Juanita is an Early Childhood independent consultant & trainer. She wants to continue serving and helping early childhood practitioners. She has a Master’s degree in Early Childhood Curriculum and Instruction.
- She has taught in Head Start programs and many other types of programs. She has also directed an early childhood program. Most recently she has been a consultant for programs and worked with program directors and teachers to help them achieve a higher level of quality for children and families.
- She is also an adjunct professor for the Early Childhood Department at a community college. She teaches continuing education workshops for early childhood professionals at the college each month. She also delivers training at area early childhood programs.
- She is passionate about her own professional development. Most recently she attended a week-long Conscious Discipline seminar with Becky Bailey, the creator of the Conscious Discipline program.
- She is passionate about helping program directors & staff create environments where children thrive and excel. She feels that Conscious Discipline is a tool where children will learn to feel good about themselves and learn how they can contribute to & help others.
- She knows this system will change traditional educational methods based on compliance and one-way thinking. Conscious Discipline responds to out of bounds behavior by loving children and helping them feel safe enough to talk about their feelings. When this happens children usually feel safe enough to focus on their learning and give back to the community.
She is passionate about training and technical assistance based on these principles. She feels that these services are the keys that help programs design ways to provide engaging programs that inspire children and teachers.
- She is also fervent in her efforts to teach program directors leadership skills that enable them to mentor teachers and give them the skills they need to turn young children into life-long learners. She is also passionate about the training that she designs and offers to the early childhood community.
- Juanita has served as former President for Mid-America Association for the Education of Young Children, 2nd Vice President, 1st Vice President, treasurer, and as chair of the NAEYC accreditation committee. She also serves as Vice President of Missouri’s AEYC. She has served in the early childhood field for over thirty-five years. She believes that the early childhood field is positioning itself to be the catalyst for our nation, teaching America to invest in young children, because they are the future of our nation.
- Now that you know some of Juanita’s experiences, you’ll want to learn how she does coaching. Click this link to find out.